Location: Scotland or London (Remote working initially)
Package: Competitive salary + benefits packages
The Day Job
In your role, you will be responsible for leading and contributing to cross-functional teams as 2i looks to further its Engineering Capabilities. This role will answer to the Head of Engineering to assist with achieving the ambitious targets of growing the Engineering capability at 2i.
This will include;
- Thought Leadership – Ensuring that 2i continue to work with the most modern technologies and approaches,
- Leading Best Practice – hosting conversations to ensure that 2i are learning lessons from our work with clients
- Line Management of 2i Engineers,
- Expanding on our existing automated testing solutions,
- Contributing to L&D,
- Contributing to sales activities including bid writing and client demo’s,
- Contributing to marketing
- Contributing to Recruitment
- Leading and Contributing to activities to benefit the mental health of our staf
As the QA Manager, you will lead on initiatives to define, develop, maintain and deliver the Software Testing requirements for our client's programme of work.
You will be responsible for developing and executing QA plans and supporting the strategic approach. Technical experts as well as responsible for managing teams and coaching others.
- Responsible for enabling the delivery of all aspects of QA engineering at the project and programme level, including assisting the Account Manager by providing technical insight.
- Enabling test automation and test engineering practices, including aspects of software development in test’.
- Reading, writing and debugging code in complex programs and supporting the refactoring of existing test frameworks – supporting other members of the team to do the same.
- Enabling the use and reuse of a broad range of tools, including open source and cloud based.
- Ensuring and applying the delivery of test engineering, typically using agile and CI/CD methods including assisting the teams to develop user stories and acceptance criteria related to the overall test engineering approach, typically deploying Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Advising on QA engineering practices to support the digital service standard, often working as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on user needs and user centred design.
- Extensive hands on test experience within Agile projects, with a strong understanding of the Sprint, CI and release testing lifecycles.
- Extensive automation experience and the ability to specify, to develop and to implement automation frameworks and advice on industry best practice.
- Experience of BDD and Test-driven development (TDD).
- Pro-active in managing test dependencies, coordinating test coverage and execution.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Open Source tools and Cloud based services including Cucumber, Gherkin, WebDriver, Jenkins/Drone/Gitlab.
- Experience of containerised techniques, using Docker, and Cloud Based Hosting
- Demonstrable experience of working with micro service architectures and data services
- Defining and advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions across DevOps and agile testing.
- Ability to work with all relevant parties (project, supplier technical teams, internal technical teams, service delivery, and so forth) to ensure an effective test service is maintained throughout the Agile delivery lifecycle.
- Creating a positive work atmosphere in technical teams
- Contributing to an environment of constant learning
What 2i can offer you:
In return 2i can offer a highly competitive starting salary, company pension, life assurance, staff discounts, buy and sell holidays, on-going training and superb career development whilst working in an innovative environment and working amongst skilled professionals.
We also encourage our employee's to have fun, so we have regular nights out – either as a project team or as a group – along with our annual events such as our Connect (involving fun team-building activities!) and our Black Tie Christmas Party.
What to do next: Please apply via the application link below. Once your application has been received a representative from the 2i Recruitment team will review your profile and will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.